click to view some of Ian Kramar's photos, click the number to comment on a post, and thanks for dropping in.

.....n.o. l e v i t y - universally apposite




137: Haiku Review #12: Warren & Smoky


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A couchless Negril
Is what I so desir-ed
for the Haynes sit-in

And again I'll say, "we're so fucking spoiled." Warren Haynes, a longtime supporter of Habitat for Humanity, sponsored the house in the Musians of an acquaintance of ours, and then sat in with Smoky Greenwell and the Blues Gnus at Cafe Negril last night. The place was packed, but for some reason they put these dang couches and a coffee table AND an end table in the middle of what should have been the dance floor.

I think my best joke was me, posing as Mr. Couchless Negril... addressing the club, "say, I'm Couchless Negril, my friends call me Room To Dance..." You had to have been there... for the show more than the joke, but it was a side-splitter at the time, with multiple punchlines introducing Mr. End Table, and his boy Coffee.

Margie Perez was frickin smokin on a great version of Whole Lotta Hot Tamale Baby Love, and deserves her own Haiku Review, just as soon as I get a chance.


0 Responses to “137: Haiku Review #12: Warren & Smoky”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links

  • A Conscious Tune
  • seminal minimalist
  • lomohome
  • flickr
  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called xpro. Make your own badge here.

    Levees for New Orleans

    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

    Click for New Orleans, Louisiana Forecast Click for New Orleans, Louisiana Forecast

    sandstep. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr


ATOM 0.3